Dr. Janet Pearl has been in practice since 1999 and is our Medical Director and also the Medical Director of Complete Spine and Pain Care an interventional integrated Pain Management practice, both located in Framingham, Massachusetts.
Dr. Pearl is Board Certified in Regenerative Medicine and has over 20 years experience in doing these procedures.
Previously, Dr. Pearl was the Co-Director of the Pain Management Center at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, where she was also the Director of the Pain Management Fellowship program.
After graduating from Harvard College with an A.B. in Applied Mathematics with Economics, Dr. Pearl received a M.Sc. in Health Planning and Financing at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She then received her M.D. from the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, where she represented the Medical School as a senator in the Columbia University Senate.
Watch the complete introduction to BSCC by our Medical Director, Janet D. Pearl, MD MSc:
Dr. Pearl completed her internship in Internal Medicine at New England Deaconess Hospital, her residency in Anesthesiology at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and her fellowship in Pain Management at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Pearl was the first resident ever to serve on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)’s Residency Review Committee for Anesthesiology. She is a Joseph Collins Scholar and a Rotary Scholar and was awarded the AMA/Glaxo Welcome and AMA/Burroughs Welcome Resident Leadership Awards.
From 2004 to 2010, Dr. Pearl served on the University of Massachusetts Board of Trustees. While there she chaired the Committee on Science, Technology and Research, was a member of the Committee on Academic and Student Affairs and the Governance Committee and also served as Vice Chair of the Advancement Committee, and as a member of the Committee on Athletics.
Dr. Pearl is Board Certified in Regenerative Medicine, Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology with the American Board of Regenerative Medicine and the American Board of Anesthesiologists. She is a member of the American Pain Society, The Massachusetts Medical Society, the Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists, the Massachusetts Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and the American Board of Regenerative Medicine.
Dr. Pearl is currently a member of the Association of Harvard College Class Secretaries and Treasurers and was a past president of the Board of Directors of the Harvard Alumni Association. Dr. Pearl serves on the Health Care Services Board of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents (since 2000.)
Dr Pearl is competitive tennis player and coaches girls’ fast pitch softball.
• Residency in Anesthesiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
• Internship in Internal Medicine, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston
• M.Sc., London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
• A.B., Harvard College
• The Massachusetts Medical Society
• The Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists
• The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
• The Massachusetts Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
• The American Society of Anesthesiologists
• American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
• American Board of Regenerative Medicine
• Member, Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents, Health Care Services Board
• Member of the Association of Harvard College Class Secretaries and Treasurers
• Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Harvard Alumni Association
• Former Member of the Board of Trustees University of Massachusetts. (10/2010 – 10/2014)
• Coach, Girls Softball
Is Orthobiological Cell Treatment Right For You?
Although Orthobiologic Treatments are considered by some people to be experimental, various research studies show that cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma injections may provide excellent relief from joint and musculoskeletal pain and ongoing inflammation.