Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Our orthobiological patients will need a recent MRI as part of their evaluation and assessment prior to treatment. You can use your local MRI however we recommend and use Metrowest MRI for our patients needing an MRI as part of our medical assessment.
- Special Rates: We have special out of pocket rates for our patients at Metrowest MRI;
- Scheduling: The staff at MetroWest MRI are always very accommodating to our patients. This is especially important to our many out of state patients who come to see us and have tight schedules; and,
- Same Day Reporting: MetroWest MRI radiologists can get your MRI report to us on the same day of your MRI.
Here are some other reasons why we recommend Metrowest MRI to our patients:
Patient Care and Service
Their caring staff ensures each patient receives high-quality studies and quick imaging results. Complimentary prior authorization services.
The physicians at MetroWest MRI are among the best in their fields.
Metrowest MRI uses advanced imaging technology, including 3T MRI, low-dose radiation CT and PET/CT.
Metrowest MRI are conveniently located off the Turnpike in Framingham. They offer same-day appointments and courtesy insurance billing, verification and authorization services.
Things to Know About MRI
MORE MRI INFORMATION
- Contact MetroWest MRI to find out if you have any restrictions on what you can eat and drink before your appointment.
- Take your regular medications prior to your exam.
- Bring your insurance information, as well as any applicable diagnostic films.
- Leave valuables at home. No metal objects can be worn during your scan (such as watches, jewelry, keys, or cell phone).
- You may be asked to wear a hospital gown or your own clothing if there are no metal snaps or zippers.
Notify MetroWest MRI staff in advance if you:
- Have implanted devices
- Have any serious health problems
- Have had any surgery within the last eight weeks
- Have ever had surgery on your brain, ears, eyes, or heart
- Have metal in your eyes, or work with metals
- Have a bone or joint replacement or any prosthesis
- Are or may be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Weigh more than 350 pounds